YWCA Olympia 2019 Womxn* of Achievement Nomination Form
NEW! * Nominations due Friday, August 30 at 5:00pm * NEW!
*YWCA is using the “label” womxn to encompass a broader range of identities than woman and it is self-identifying.
For the 25th year, YWCA Olympia seeks to celebrate inspiring South Sound community members during our annual Womxn of Achievement Celebration this November. We invite you to join us in honoring the amazing accomplishments of womxn in our community.
YWCA Olympia is a non-profit, multi-service organization that has served girls, womxn and their families in the South Sound since 1945. The agency has worked tirelessly to change history—from civil rights to womxn’s rights, from advocacy for womxn’s health care to an end to violence against womxn and girls.
While the YWCA USA and its affiliates across the country are all united under the broad mission of eliminating racism and empowering womxn, YWCA Olympia’s local mission is to eliminate racism and sexism to advance the social, political and economic status of all womxn and girls. We accomplish this by providing direct service to individuals, educating the community on relevant issues, and conducting advocacy to promote systemic change. We currently operate eight programs, serving more than 10,000 people annually. Our programs include Intercultural Foundations, Girls Without Limits, the Economic Empowerment Program, the Youth Action Board, Youth Council, Kathleen’s Closet, and Youth Circle.
We seek 2019 nominations for each of our three strategic platform areas of Racial Justice, Empowerment & Economic Advancement, and/or Health & Safety.
- Racial Justice: Promoting equity and justice for People of Color
- Empowerment and Economic Advancement: Improving economic opportunity and security for all womxn and girls
- Health & Safety: Improving the social, emotional and behavioral health and safety of all womxn and girls
There are a couple of ways to nominate a 2019 Womxn of Achievement:
- Complete the form ONLINE BELOW (preferred)
- Send a request for the Nomination Form in Word to WOA@ywcaofolympia.org and return to WOA Selection Committee, 220 Union Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501 or send your completed form via email to WOA@ywcaofolympia.org
Deadline: Friday, August 30 at 5:00pm
Selection: A confidential committee whose members include previous WOA award recipients will select the honorees. Honorees will be notified on or around September 17th.
*Please note: All information contained in this nomination will remain strictly confidential.
Eligible Womxn of Achievement nominees must:
- Reside in and/or provide service in the South Sound, which may include Thurston, Lewis and/or Mason Counties
- Further the YWCA mission to eliminate racism and sexism to advance the social, political and economic status of all womxn and girls
- Meet the criteria for their award category listed below
- Not be a current YWCA staff or Board member, or a past Womxn of Achievement Honoree
If you would like the nomination form in WORD, please send an email to WOA@ywcaofolympia.org. Return your completed nomination to WOA@ywcaofolympia.org or snail mail to WOA Selection Committee, 220 Union Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501 Deadline: Friday, August 30 at 5:00pm