YWCA Olympia 2020 Womxn* of Achievement Nomination Form
* Nominations due Sunday, September 20 at 5:00pm *
*YWCA is using the “label” womxn to encompass a broader range of identities than woman and it is self-identifying.
For the 26th year, YWCA Olympia seeks to celebrate inspiring South Sound community members during our annual Womxn of Achievement Celebration this November 6th. We invite you to join us in honoring the amazing accomplishments of womxn in our community. Check out the list of past Honorees!
YWCA Olympia is a non-profit, multi-service organization that has served girls, womxn and families since 1945. We are a local association of the YWCA USA, an organization with 170+ years of history working across the lines of race and gender to provide services for survivors of domestic violence, shelter and housing, childcare, workforce development, civil rights, and more.
Today, our YWCA in Olympia is focused on the mission of eliminating racism and sexism to advance the social, political, and economic status of all womxn and girls. While we are specifically focused on Racial Justice, all of our activities are aligned with an Intersectional Model that places the leadership and wisdom of Womxn of Color at the center. We do this while also seeking to engage people of all races and genders in the collective work of the YWCA Olympia’s vision: All People are valued, live free from oppression, and thrive in a just society.
YWCA Olympia is a Center for Healing in Community, Antiracist Education & Participant-Led Advocacy
As part of our collective work of bringing about racial and gender justice, we are seeking nominations for our 2020 Womxn of Achievement to amplify and celebrate the innovative work and inspiring visions of individuals in our community. We are specifically seeking nominations of individuals who are focused on transformational intersectional and/or racial justice work aligned with one or more of YWCA Olympia’s core values:
Centering Black and Indigenous Womxn & Womxn of Color
People Over Systems
There are a couple of ways to nominate a 2019 Womxn of Achievement:
- Complete the form ONLINE BELOW (preferred)
- Send a request for the Nomination Form in Word to firstname.lastname@example.org and return to WOA Selection Committee, 220 Union Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501 or send your completed form via email to email@example.com
Deadline: Sunday, September 20 at 5:00pm
Selection: A confidential committee whose members include previous WOA award recipients will select the honorees. We hope to notify honorees on or around September 28th.
*Please note: All information contained in this nomination will remain strictly confidential.
Eligible Womxn of Achievement nominees must:
- Reside in and/or provide services/activities in the South Sound, which may include Thurston, Lewis and/or Mason Counties
- Further the YWCA mission to eliminate racism and sexism
- Be focused on Racial Justice and/or Intersectionality
- Aligned with one or more of YWCA Olympia’s values as stated above
- Not be a current YWCA staff or Board member, or a past Womxn of Achievement Honoree
2020 Womxn of Achievement Nomination
If you would like the nomination form in WORD, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Return your completed nomination to email@example.com or snail mail to WOA Selection Committee, 220 Union Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501 Deadline: Friday, August 30 at 5:00pm