LOOK for our next Volunteer Orientation in DECEMBER! Want to stay updated with our Volunteer E-Blasts? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
You are read about our volunteer opportunities by clicking HERE.
We have developed two ways to engage with us.
- One-time volunteer opportunities, 2+ hours
- Perform essential tasks to support program delivery & organizational functions
- Useful for one-time community service projects & those with limited time
- Groups or individuals can coordinate opportunities as needed or commit to annual opportunities
- Must complete a background check
- Commit to a 2-hour YWCA Olympia mission & social justice orientation
- Upcoming Orientation date: December 2018 (TBD)
- Commit to personal/political education & transformation
- Maintain regular volunteer commitment (2+ hours per week)
- Participate in community-focused work
- Develop organizational/community relationships
- Center the needs of YWCA participants who may also be women/girls/gender non-conforming people of color and/or poor/working class
- May engage in direct service with participants/clients of YWCA
- Must complete background check
volunteers & interns share their stories
Our volunteers are the core of our agency. With over 200 volunteers in 2017 providing 1,500+ hours, our doors are open because of your generosity of spirit. But it’s more, much more:
Thank you for creating an environment where I always felt welcome and encouraged to grow, both personally and professionally and for sharing your wisdom. I’ve experienced firsthand how this organization empowers and opens doors for women like me. After coping with a job loss, this organization gave me a chance when nobody else would. I learned so much here and I leave with more confidence than I had when I first stepped through the door and I will be forever grateful – AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer
Though my time with your incredible organization, I have been able to solidity my sincere passion for women’s advocacy. My time with the YWCA of Olympia has given me the chance to be a part of things that I genuinely believed are significant – 2014 Intern