Want to work in a small, social justice oriented nonprofit? Join YWCA Olympia!
AGENCY MISSION: Eliminating racism & sexism to advance the political, social & economic status of all womxn and girls. Our vision is a world where all people are valued, live free from oppression and thrive in a just society.
WORK STUDY POSITION: Other Bank Resource Associate
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This is a part-time (10+ hour per week) work study position for students at St. Martin’s University, South Puget Sound Community College, and The Evergreen State College. The position supports YWCA Olympia’s Other Bank operations.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: YWCA Olympia is seeking a motivated individual to support the Other Bank.
- Work with YWCA staff to recruit new Other Bank volunteers
- Support YWCA staff in scheduling and facilitating volunteer orientation sessions
- Onboard and train new Other Bank volunteers after volunteer orientation
- Work with current volunteers one evening volunteer session a week to prep OB
- Manage volunteer scheduling and tracking of volunteer hours
- Coordinate Product Drives
- Build community relationships to engage new Product Drive donors
- Update and maintain Other Bank social media account
- Work closely with OB Operations Associate to coordinate all Other Bank functions
- Other duties as assigned
Must be committed to the mission of the YWCA of Olympia to eliminate racism and sexism to advance the political, social and economic status of all womxn and girls
- MUST be available to work on Mondays during the day and one weekday evening, to be determined
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Outgoing and self-directed with ability to work as part of a team
- Good judgment, positive attitude, respectful of all people
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check (no crimes against persons)
- Spanish speaking candidate preferred, but not required
- Must possess a valid WA driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
RATE OF PAY: Dependent on Work Study Award
TO APPLY: Send resume and letter of interest to: YWCA Human Resources YWCA Olympia, 220 Union Ave, Olympia, WA 98501 HR@ywcaofolympia.org / (360) 352-0593
YWCA Olympia is actively recruiting persons from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds to enhance service to our diverse communities. Diverse and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. The YWCA of Olympia is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Volunteer & Internship Provider.